Monday, September 5, 2011

It's Countdown Time (Wedding)

cake-ballsMy Daughter is getting Married on Friday, so we are counting down the days this week.

Today My other Daughter, Mom and I are making cake balls (Hundreds of them).  What is a cake ball?  Go HERE and find out.  They are SO GOOD!  My future Son-In-Law LOVES them, so it was a requested item for the wedding. We are making Double Fudge/chocolate and Cherry Chip ones.   

IMG_9038.stampAlong with the cakeballs, there will be a cupcake tower/tree for the Wedding cake. This is what my Daughter's Wedding cake will look like and the individual cupcakes. 

Tomorrow we start on the cupcakes.  I usually bake my cakes and freeze them (this is my secret to an extra moist cake).  Wednesday we decorate.  The cupcake tower I decorated with wallpaper border that looks like a vintage film strip with old movies.  It's hard to see from the picture, but the black ribbon on the sides are gathered and then sewn on the top.  I hot glued it to the sides.  I think that it turned out great.  My Daughter got my Mother and Father-In-Law's wedding cake topper which is about 60 years old to put on the top of the Wedding cake.  We are going all retro.

Will post more another day.  Got to get busy making those cake balls.




No comments: